Karnataka Bank, as part of its digital initiative today launched DigiLocker facility by integrating DigiLocker with its MoneyClick® Internet Banking channel. DigiLocker is a key initiative to store the digital documents, by National E-Governance Division under Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India, under Digital India, a flagship program aimed at transforming India into a digitally empowered Society. Digital documents means the certificates issued by the Government Department / agencies that are made available digitally, such as Aadhaar, PAN, Driving License, Registration Certificate(RC), LPG documents etc. Indian citizens who sign up for a DigiLocker account get dedicated cloud storage space of 1GB that is linked to their Aadhaar number.
Banks customers can access their DigiLocker account through Karnataka Bank’s MoneyClick® Internet Banking account. The salient features of the facility are:
- Customer can login to Bank’s Internet Banking account and click on access DigiLocker.
- Customer will be redirected to DigiLocker page where he/she can access their account.
- can access their digital documents anytime, anywhere and share it online.
- Digital Locker makes it easier to validate the authenticity of documents as they are issued directly by the registered issuers.
- Self-uploaded documents can be digitally signed using the eSign facility enabled in DigiLocker.
“With the introduction of this facility, our customers are now empowered to access DigiLocker account through their MoneyClick® Internet Banking account through Single Sign On (SSO) functionality. It enables seamless & hassle-free login to Digilocker, a secure cloud based platform for storage, sharing and verification of digital documents & certificates” said Shri Mahabaleshwara M S, Managing Director & CEO of the Bank, on the occasion of enabling DigiLocker facility through Bank’s Internet Banking channel here at Bank’s Headquarters, Mangaluru.