- For Retail Advances:
- At Branch/Regional Office Level: 15-30 days.
- At Head Office Level: 30-45 days.
- Credit applications of MSE's, SC/STs and Weaker Sections:
- Loan amount up to ₹5 lakh : 2 weeks.
- Above ₹5 lakh : 4 weeks.
We understand that fraudulent e-mails are sent to the customers of various Banks, asking them to furnish/update their account information like Internet Banking User Id and password, debit/credit card numbers etc. by clicking on an e-mail link, which direct you to a pop-up window or a spoofed website, which looks almost exactly like the real site.
If you have any suspicions of a fraudulent-
- a) e-mail, claiming from Karnataka Bank, requesting you to update your private and confidential information related to Karnataka Bank
- b) Website which requires your private & confidential information related to Karnataka Bank then please inform us immediately. You can e-mail us at email@example.com or call our Customer Care Centre.
Please do not disclose any personal confidential information to anyone, including Karnataka Bank employees. This includes: -
- MoneyClick Internet Banking User Id and Password.
- ATM/Debit Card Pin.
Thank you for your cooperation,
Karnataka Bank Ltd.
Skimming is a method used by criminals to capture data from the magnetic strip on the back of a Credit or Debit card. Once the skimmer gets the card data they can duplicate the card and then use to make purchases, online shopping or withdraw cash in the name of the actual account holder.
Skimmer is a small electronic device which is capable of capturing the data present in magnetic strips of the cards. Usually Skimming card readers or Skimmers will be placed in ATMs or POS machines. A tiny camera is often hidden near a skimmer to record your PIN as it is entered.
Skimming may take place in shopping outlets and restaurants also. For example, in a restaurant your card may be taken away when the bill is being settled and may also be used for capturing the card details. This captured card details will be misused by the fraudster.
TIPS TO CUSTOMER
- Do not leave your card unattended.Never let your card out of your sight, for example at a restaurant.
- Keep changing your Debit Card PIN regularly.
- Use your hand or body to shield your PIN from onlookers when you are conducting transactions at an ATM or at Point-of-Sale.
- Beware of a skimming card reader in ATMs.
- Inspect the ATM & all areas of its fascia for unusual or non-standard appearance.
- Report any unusual appearance immediately to the nearest branch or Customer Care Centre (1800 4251 444) or Police.
- Regularly check your statements/passbook/mobile App (mPassbook) to make sure there are no unusual or unauthorized transactions.
- Update your mobile number/Email ID in your account to get transaction alerts from Bank.
- Never share your PIN with anyone including Point- of-Sale locations.
- Avoid ATM without security guards/ unmanned areas.
- If your card is chip enabled, ensure that the merchant use chip slot on purchases.
Thank you for your cooperation,
Sincerely,Karnataka Bank Ltd.
In the recent past many people are falling prey to fictitious offers, lottery winnings and cheap fund offers by fraudsters in foreign currency from abroad. These are perpetrated by certain foreign entities/individuals, including Indian residents acting as representatives of such entities/individuals.
Remittance in any form towards participation in lottery schemes is prohibited under the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999.Hence, customers are advised not to make any remittance towards participation in such schemes or accept offers from unknown entities. Also please do not respond to such emails as they may be a part of fraud and you will not receive any of the promised money.
These fictitious offers are generally made through letters, emails, SMS etc.
"Customers can contact our 24/7 Helpdesk at 1800 425 1444 (Toll Free) for any queries regarding ficitious lottery winnings where they have been advised to deposit money in specified accounts."